Eco Fluid Center offers tribological trouble shooting services, training, testing, specialty lubes and high performance filters. Clients mainly include hydroelectric, fossil and nuclear power plants but also industrial plants and companies providing products to these sectors.
- ‘Green’ Lubes, Procedures And Products
- Biodegradable, Coupling And MOV Greases
- Fire Resistant Fluids And EHC Control Fluids
- Purification Media For Phosphate Esters
- Energy Conserving And Long Life Lubes
VSG is a ‘green’ vegetable oil based grease primarily for hydroelectric plants. It is the only ‘green’ grease approved by OPG and HQ for wicket gates.
Users include Arizona Public Service, BC Hydro, Bureau of Reclamation, City of Seattle, Eastern Ontario Power, Hydro Quebec, Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corp., Landsvirkjun (Iceland), Manitoba Hydro, Newfoundland and Labrador Power, Ontario Power Generation, Orillia Power Generation Corp., Ottawa City Center, TVA, and USACE.
MOV Long Life that is a grease for motor operated valves used in nuclear power plants. This is a premium high performance grease that has been extensively tested under both normal and accident conditions (heat, water and radiation).
Users include many of the nuclear stations in the US and Canada as well as those in Sweden, Spain, Argentina and Mexico. It is also the Limitorque factory fill and is used by actuator repair shops such as Georgia-Western.
MOV Extra is a grease for motor operated valves used in fossil and industrial applications. It has outstanding mobility for improved low temperature performance. Users include many fossil stations as well as actuator repair shops such as Pinnacle Actuation and Georgia Western.
Also available are other greases, ‘green’ lube and hydraulic oils are well as dielectric fluids that may be more ‘environmentally friendly’. The greases have no added heavy metals, such as lead and zinc, nor added chlorinated compounds. The oils are generally considered to be readily biodegradable and can be based on canola oil, polyglycol or polyesters..
- Specialized Lubricant Testing
- Providing Second Opinions
- Interpretation Of Lube Test Results
- Training For Technical Staff
- Root Cause Analysis on Lubes, EHC Fluids, Bearings, Filters, Gears, Couplings, & Seals
- Lube Surveys And Optimisation
- Setting Up Condition Monitoring Programs
- Day To Day Technical Support
- Reducing Tribological Losses & Waste
For EPRI, Eco Fluid Center was the sole contractor who prepared their 2002 and 2014 reports on “Electrohydraulic Control (EHC) Fluid Maintenance Guide”. This benchmark work on the fire resistant fluids used in the control systems of steam turbines contains photos, equipment details and many analysis reports to help operators trouble shoot and prevent problems.
Ken J. Brown